Fall has arrived! I’m so excited for this time of year! It is my favorite season. Although, Summer’s embrace still lingers, hints of Fall are making their debut gradually. I can feel it in the cooler mornings and nights. I can see it at the stores as they display Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (already!) paraphernalia. And just last night as I drove home from work, I could smell the sweet scent of burning firewood in the air. This gradual changing of the seasons will soon gift us with the splendor of Fall foliage. I love watching the leaves paint the landscape in brilliant hues. It is something I look forward to every year.
Something else I look forward to every year? Fall fashion! So, without further ado, the following is Lizzy’s Latest Top 5 Fall Favorites:
- Statement Boots: I love boots! I will say that every year too! 😉 This year, it’s all about making a statement. Designers are adding pizzazz such as glitter, velvet, florals, tassels, and fringe to give boots personality. I’ve even come across sexy white boots and tall slouchy boots. Boots are so versatile this year, you’re bound to find something. Block heels are still popular with the 70s still trending, but stilettos are just as popular. One of my favorites this year is the strappy peep-toe ankle booties from BCBGeneration. With shades of red commanding the catwalk this Fall, this brick color is perfect for the new season.
The fringe on this peep-toe block heel from Vince Camuto is so flirty!
Slouch boots are the cat’s meow this season! This pair from Michael Kors is chic especially in this red hue.
White stiletto boots are super hot! This pair from Steve Madden will command attention!
These booties from J.C. Penney are just cute. I like the fringe and the florals. They are also budget friendly. 🙂
- Bomber Jackets: Bomber jackets are timeless and trending big time this year in the fashion world. You will see them everywhere and with so much variety in the market, it’s hard not to fall in love with this Fall staple. Bomber jackets are lightweight and so stylish easing the transition into Fall. I love this quilted bomber from Nordstrom. The rich mahogany color is so unique and the velvet texture is another hot trend this Fall.
The velvet and floral details on this bomber from J.C. Penney add a feminine touch and it is affordable!
I love the blue hue and floral embroidery of this jacket from Guess.
A bomber in camo print like this one from Macy’s will give any outfit a chic edge.
- Statement Flats: My collaboration with FFC New York back in July has given me a new appreciation for flats. So much so, I am adding flats to my favorites list this year. I am aware some of my readers prefer flats over heels, so this is especially for you. 🙂 Flats are always in style. They are practical and almost always comfortable. This year, I am seeing a lot of ankle strap flats and flats with embellishments. These adornments really jazz up an otherwise ordinary flat like this classic ballet flat from Michael Kors. I love the leopard print and the padlock hardware. In my opinion, walking in these shoes balances sexiness and girliness. I just got this in the mail, so I can’t wait to wear them when the weather cools down.
I purchased these Bravo flats from FFC New York. I love the edgy buckle detail giving the flats a rockstar vibe.
This is another pair I purchased from FFC New York. The Betty style is so sophisticated. I love the gold studs.
I have this pair from Franco Sarto. I really dig the perforated design and rust color! It looks so unique to me.
Glitzy flats are so in vogue too. I got these at DSW in the Clearance rack for a little more than $20! I love the sparkle. I call them my princess flats. 🙂
- Feminine Tops: I can’t get enough of the variety in the market with this trend. Whether it is off the shoulder, cold shoulder, dramatic sleeves, florals, velvet, and more, you will find something that speaks to your personality. For me, feminine tops make me feel so sexy, so flirty, and oh so feminine. It’s a great feeling! 🙂 This one from White House Black Market has a beautiful floral print. It also has a drape back for a little sexiness and the the ruffled bell sleeves make for a fashionable transition to the cooler Fall months ahead.
I’ve worn a lot of off-the-shoulder tops for the blog this year and I will continue to wear them into Fall. This one from J.C. Penney is gorgeous and won’t break the bank.
Velvet is so current right now! This one from White House Black Market is in a pretty flounce design.
Feeling a bit demure? Check out this elegant Victorian style from White House Black Market with sexy dramatic sleeves.
I love wearing pops of color in the Fall and Winter. This one from Banana Republic is in my favorite shade of pink. It compliments my pale skin. I also love the cascading ruffles. So feminine and chic!
- Jeans: Jeans are so classic and are always trending no matter the season. This year, I’m seeing a lot of cropped jeans with frayed hems. Boot-cut jeans seem to be making a come-back and skinny jeans are forever a favorite because they are so versatile. Distressed jeans continue to be popular and if you wear a pair of fishnets (another Fall trend) with the jeans, you will rock an edgy appeal. If you want a happy medium between trendy and classic, check out these skinny ankle jeans I purchased from White House Black Market. I love the utility pockets which add texture and interest to the jeans. I also adore the ankle length so that I can easily show off my Fall booties. 🙂
High rise skinny jeans from White House Black Market! If you have a pooch, this should hide it. 😉 I also like the button fly.
Destructed jeans are everywhere! Here is an affordable pair from J.C. Penney.
Boot cut jeans – I still love this style as much as I love my skinnies! 😉 Joe’s Jeans is one of my favorite designer brands. I have this pair too! 🙂
What are your Fall favorites? I’d love to hear from you! 🙂
I hope you found some inspiration and ideas here to make this Fall your most fashionable one yet!
Thank you for stopping by and happy shopping! 🙂