The arrival of Fall, my favorite time of year, softens the blow of Summer’s adieu. For me, routine replaces spontaneity and the countdown to Christmas begins! 🙂 Fall foliage captivates as I enjoy nature’s wandering work of art dancing all around me in vivid hues of yellow, orange, and red. Fall’s ephemeral beauty decorates the landscape in a kaleidoscope of leaves while the aroma of firewood fills the crisp evening air, awakening the senses.
For me, the charm of Fall extends to fashion too. It is my favorite time of year to buy shoes, clothes, and handbags. I tend to go more casual in the summertime so that by Fall, I’m ready to dress to impress. 🙂 Therefore, the following is Lizzy’s Latest Top 5 Fall Favorites:
- Boots and Booties: I love boots! This time of year, I’m always excited to see what designers have to offer. This season, with the 70s and 90s fashion trend still going strong, block heels are so current. The styles are endless complimenting outfits from casual to chic and they are much easier to wear than stiletto heels. As much as I love stilettos, I could not resist purchasing these moto boots from White House Black Market (on sale, of course!). With shades of tan also trending this season, the sandalwood color is spot on. And if this is not in your budget, here is a less pricey option to consider.
- Off-the-shoulder (OTS) tops: This is one of my favorite trends of the year! Off-the-shoulder, cold-shoulder, anything shoulder goes this season. Showing a little shoulder is so sexy and flirty. It is the epitome of feeling fiercely feminine! Lace and florals are also very popular right now and look so nice on OTS tops. Here is my favorite from White House black Market. The deep red color is the new “red” shade of the season. So perfect for Fall!
- Skinny Scarves: Back in the 90s, I use to wear chokers all the time. So, it was a pleasant surprise to see this trend come back again and with a modern twist, of course. This season, I am seeing a lot of skinny scarves that are being worn as chokers. The look can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the style and fabric of the scarf and the outfit. Either way, it is a very fashionable way to wear a scarf. I found these at Target and Nordstrom, respectively.
- Saddle Bag: Western saddle bags were the inspiration for another one of my favorite trends of the year: the saddle bag is a must-have for Fall! 🙂 This particular one from Michael Kors is so boho chic! I love the gold grommets accentuating the handbag. With tassels and fringe still on trend, the tassel detail is an added attraction. The color purple is yet another trend for Fall, so the gorgeous plum color is spot on. I also adore the stylish strap which can be worn messenger style for hands free shopping. 🙂 This handbag is definitely worth the splurge! Otherwise, here is a less pricey alternative.
- Ankle Strap Heels: Since I have narrow heels, I am unable to wear traditional pumps. More often than not, my heel pops out of the shoe making for uncomfortable situations. So, I avoid traditional pumps and look for heels that have straps. This one from White House Black Market is gorgeous in Fall’s favorite deep red hue. I love the suede and the exotic print on the ankle strap. It is a perfect heel to wear this season and still classic enough to remain fashion relevant through the years.
What are your Fall favorites? I’d love to hear from you! 🙂
I hope you found some inspiration and ideas here to make this Fall your most fashionable one yet!
Thank you for stopping by and happy shopping! 🙂